When designing an outdoor living space, outdoor furniture is essential . Not only do you need quality furniture to withstand outdoor conditions, but also something comfortable and attractive. With options from Seaside Casuals and Pawleys Island, we guarantee you will find something to satisfy your wants and needs.
Choose Between All of Our Outdoor Furniture Options!
Seaside’s furniture is made from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) lumber, an all-weather material that does not require sealing, painting or staining. It will not rot or splinter, and contains superior UV inhibitors that resist fading. It is also not affected by most corrosive substances, and it will not absorb moisture or promote bacterial growth.
Their cushions are manufactured out of durable, 100% solution dyed acrylic fabrics from Sunbrella© and Outdura©. All of their cushions are manufactured in the USA.
They use all stainless steel fasteners. Please note: In coastal areas where extreme humidity is present, stainless steel hardware may require more frequent cleaning and maintenance to avoid rusting.
Their furniture is proudly built in the USA.
Why does Seaside cost a little bit more than similar HDPE furniture?
- They build their furniture from a high grade of HDPE for a furniture grade finish on the surface and edges of our products.
- Their material is extruded at a slower pace for a smooth consistent finish, free from large voids, cracks and dimples that result in a rough surface that can become an irritant on the skin.
- The fasteners we use are counter sunk for a smooth and finished appearance.
- Their furniture is manufactured in a modern, clean and safe plant owned by a fifth-generation family company who has stood behind their products and services for 100 years.
At Seaside Casual they offer several collections to choose from.
- Classic Adirondack
- Shellback Adirondack
- Salem Rounds
- Westerly Occasionals
- Seaside Complementary
- Wickford Accessory
At Pawley’s Island they offer a variety of furniture groupings. Their furniture is made of durawood poly lumber and quality fabric.
- Deep Seating
- Dining Height
- Counter Height
- Bar Height
Durawood Poly Lumber
Durawood is made from recycled HDPE: High-density polyethylene, a polymer (plastic) and is designed to look and feel like natural wood. HDPE can be found in items like hula hoops, milk jugs, water pipes and bottle caps – about 90% of the HDPE material in our furniture is recycled from these materials.
But I don’t want furniture that feels “plasticky”:
This furniture feels anything but, thanks to the extrusion method. Extrusion is a manufacturing process that molds the heated HDPE material into long lumber boards, as if it were Play-Doh. Through this process, the HDPE gains the shape and texture of natural wood lumber.
The classic wood feel, redefined:
Durawood poly lumber furniture never requires refinishing: all poly lumber is dyed to the core during the extrusion process and infused with UV-inhibitors, ensuring a lifetime of vivid color under the sun. Unlike wood, poly lumber is so solidly bonded that it will never splinter or crack during day to day use and no moisture can penetrate the material, preventing rot, mold and mildew.
Ultra-durable furniture for the digital age:
We don’t skimp on our HDPE poly lumber. We use only the finest extrusion methods in order to produce denser, sturdier poly lumber material to ensure greater durability and safety for our customers.
Pawleys Island furniture utilizes a Type 316 marine grade, stainless steel alloy to produce hardware for is outdoor furniture. Unique to Type 316 is the presence of Molybdenum, an element which provides protection against moisture, particularly the saltwater air or marine environments. It’s known for keeping its shape and integrity, seen when exposed to major changes in temperature. Type 316 Stainless Steel rates among the most anti-corrosive metals in the world and is routinely used in surgical implants and naval vessels: a testament to its unparalleled corrosion resistance.
We use only highly nonabsorbent all-weather fabric that’s resistant to rot, mold, mildew, fading and staining, yet with a level of softness to rival cotton. To further boost relaxation potential and weatherability, our quilted fabric hammocks boast a pillowy layer of polyester fiber-fill batting.
- 316 Stainless Steel, a grade much stronger than traditionally used in porch furniture
- Marine-grade, holding up to harsh coastal environments
- Increased rust resistance
- Advanced strength at high temperatures
- Our patent-pending interlocking joint connection expanding on the strengths of standard rabbet and dado joints
- Used for joints requiring the most stability/firmness
- Precision peg-and-groove connection
- Limits play at crucial connection points
Mortise and Tenon
- Interlocking peg/hole connection used in key 90-degree board-into-board joints
- One of the strongest, simplest woodworking joining techniques, dating back centuries